Design Director- Apparel
As Design Director, you will lead the Design team and drive the overall design strategy for apparel. In collaboration with the creative director, you will create seasonal and monthly products in line with our brand initiatives. A background in presenting seasonal lines with strong product storytelling in designs that are both fashion forward and elevated.
You will report to the President while overseeing all apparel design and merchandising. You will work closely with design in other categories to create a cohesive vision in all aspects of the product strategy, design and development, product execution and communication, coordination and calendar processes to ensure products align with brand and timing.
Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, an adept problem solver and a strong communicator. Creative, passionate with product, highly organized and detail-oriented.
What You'll Do:
• Lead strategy and execution of quarterly concepts and creative roadmaps.
• Drive seasonal print and color creation based on strategy, data and trend
• Provide quarterly fabric and trim development direction to strategically execute to calendar and at price matrix.
• Lead and Mentor Designers and partner with tech and production team on style development and ensure clarity to manage efficient collaboration and communication with factories
• Partner with the fabric sourcing team to develop fabrics and trims to execute premium quality final products.
• Attend and direct fittings to ensure all products are executed to meet conceptual aesthetic, functional and fit intent.
• Partner with Marketing, to gain end user consumer insight.
*10+ years’ experience in a similar role within an apparel wholesale and DTC brand.
* Extensive knowledge of woven and knit garment construction and engineering.
*Highly creative with a strong understanding of the brand aesthetic with in- depth knowledge of design techniques, product development and manufacturing processes
*Organized, self-motivated, deadline focused and goal driven
*Strong passion for apparel design and ability to recognize and translate into women’s contemporary apparel product
*Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design
Other Must Haves:
• Positive attitude
• Strong work ethic
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Desire to excel and grow within the company.