Our client is an iconic company creating cutting-edge, groundbreaking video games. Their innovative, dynamic, and creative approach distinguishes them as leaders in the industry.
As the Design Director, you would be responsible for working closely with the core Design Team to drive the creation and refinement of game designs.
• Work closely with the core Design Team to drive the creation and refinement of game designs and mentor the design team to grow their skill sets and capabilities
• Coordinate with Design Team members and the Producer to help define scope, schedule design tasks and meet milestone demands
• Perform ongoing design to iterate on, improve, and flesh out the game design throughout the development process from early design to post release add-ons
• Work with all departments on the scheduling and integration of the game design, as well as game feature development goals and execution
• Lead, coordinate and participate in collaborative efforts to implement and balance gameplay features, based on the design.
• Partner with the Design Manager to provide feedback and assist in career development for relevant parts of the team
• 7+ years’ game design experience
• 2+ years’ shipped products as a Senior or Lead designer
• Shipped title experience with both single player campaigns and multiplayer
• Excellent design skills and thorough understanding of game design theory
• Gaming experience