Our client is an iconic athletic brand creating the most popular athletic apparel and accessories. Their revolutionary, on-trend, and sustainable designs are celebrated by top celebrities and the most stylish trendsetters.
In this position, you would be responsible for managing the children’s wear design strategy, vision, and execution. You would also be responsible for directing design staff, providing guidance, and fostering a collaborative environment.
• Direct the design process to ensure collections achieve sales targets and business objectives; ensure designs are aligned with the brand and follow the design time-and-action calendar
• Partner with the licensor to understand the brand aesthetic and seasonal strategy; lead the design team with developing on-trend seasonal collections
• Conduct market research and identify current trends and competitive data; establish key seasonal design objectives
• Liaise with sales and brand management teams to develop and launch collections for several levels of distribution
• Oversee the division’s store purchased samples, sampling, design supply, and travel calendar; visit factories to oversee the development of samples and production
• Establish the showroom merchandising vision for seasonal markets; participate in trade shows and industry events to remain current in the market
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design
• 10+ years’ fashion industry experience
• Possess strong children’s wear design knowledge