Design Director- Sweaters (Florida)
Our client is a stylish, chic and fun women’s apparel and accessories retailer. They are always customer centric and focus on the needs and wants of the modern woman of today. Their company culture is creative and they are known for attracting entrepreneurial spirits alike.
In this role you will responsible for clearly directing and driving the cohesive design and execution of the Collections across all classifications while maintaining brand integrity.
- Owner of the design process from the approval of the Monthly Concepts
- Responsible for being highly influential in the development of the Seasonal and Monthly Concepts and expanding beyond the origination point into a cohesive collection
- Direct the development and design of the collection through the design team including fabric, print, trim, silhouette, outfitting, Monthly Key Looks, and fit across multiple seasons and all stages of the development cycle
- Develop long and short term strategic plans for the Design team and Design processes in order to support macro business strategies while partnering cross-functionally
- Drive and coordinate the calendar and process through the Design team and Cross-Functional teams including Concept, CAD, Fabric, Tech, Merchant, and Production; evaluating and enhancing as needed
- Build, lead, develop, and mentor the Design team in its growth and development in both creative and managerial roles
- 4-Year College Degree Preferred
- 10 + years' of related experience including management experience
- Exceptional Silhouette, Color and Trend forecasting ability
- Strong print and pattern sense
- Strong organizational skills