Design Manager, Decorative Products & CMF
Our client is a well-known brand creating the latest home furnishings for every space in your home. Their innovative, high-quality, and on-trend approach presents cutting-edge products to transform every space into a beautiful oasis.
In this role, you would be responsible for leading a world-class design team to set new standards for bathroom and kitchen design and function. You would also be responsible for working with the new product development community.
• Develop and implement new product strategies for established and emerging businesses and establish the vision for all decorative product categories
• Manage trend research and forecasting efforts with emphasis on socio-economics, design style, color, material, finish, pattern, and new material process technologies
• Lead team of surface designers and technical experts and ensure consistent outputs of leading-edge design and innovation
• Direct the design team with daily operations, provide creative direction, assist with problem solving, mentor on cross-functional engagement, and help execute
• Establish global CMF (color/material/finish) organization and define the brand’s CMF operating model, new product development processes, and best practices
• Create and execute presentations to key strategic customers, specifiers, and editors and complete interviews with editors on design trends and new product launches
• Bachelor’s degree in applied arts, fine arts, or craft
• 10-15 years’ consumer goods manufacturer experience
• Strong team management experience
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, Keyshot, and Microsoft Office Suite