Design Program Manager
Design Program Manager
Our client is an iconic E-Commerce retailer offering a wide-array of products spanning from home, entertainment, and clothing. With their high-quality products, diverse selection, and exceptional customer service, it’s never been easier to find everything you need in one convenient location.
Design Program Manager Overview:
As a Design Program Manager, you’ll be embedded within product design team to manage complex, multi-disciplinary programs.
Design Program Manager Responsibilities:
• Build, manage, and/or identify operational improvements to creative workflows in order to deliver high-quality products and features through the project lifecycle while delivering on goals and objectives and user experience value.
• Lead or collaborate with Design team leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval processes.
• Partner with Product Managers, Engineering, Design Managers, Staff Design, Research, and Content to maintain the team’s program schedule that consolidates individual project track plans, reflects cross-track dependencies, and eliminates redundancies among the tracks.
• Manage program risks and drive issue resolution as it relates to meeting the overall schedule and quality commitments.
• Build strong relationships with design team in delivering work in a way that builds trust with engineering, product management and executives.
• Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams
• Proactively contribute best practices, tips, and templates to shared User Experience Design resources.
• Direct the evolution of the team’s process through continuous risk and optimization assessments.
• Clearly identify, explain, and communicate progress, status, expectations, dependencies and risks to executives, business stakeholders and team members.
• Facilitate team onboarding for new hires and rotations.
• Own and manage team documentation, including team sites, status, and other centralized resources.
Design Program Manager Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Excellent understanding of product design, software or digital development, and brand strategy
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant consulting, agency, or industry related program management experience.
• Experience working with design teams, deep understanding of the product design process from generative research through concept ideation, detail design, scrum design and visual quality assurance.