Our client is a leading accessories brand creating beautiful handbags, accessories, and jewelry. Their on-trend, high quality, and forward-thinking designs add the perfect finishing touches to any stylish look.
In this position, you would be responsible for creating product designs to achieve product strategy and merchandise objectives. You would also create story boards and presentations and review prototypes and work with sample vendor.
• Develop and implement product designs aligned with product strategy and merchandise objectives in collaboration with the Creative Lead
• Conduct extensive market research to identify emerging trends and evaluate how trends will impact the gift market
• Send development packages to overseas partners and sample facilities; track sample requests and approvals; review prototypes for product execution, detail consistency, and target margin
• Create story boards and presentations; follow the brand’s design standards and uphold the brand’s aesthetic
• Work directly with the merchandising team for product changes; establish relationships with key customers, vendors, and internal partners
• Collaborate with various cross-functional teams, such as merchandising, sales, marketing, and production departments to ensure product design requirements are implemented
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5+ years’ product design and/or illustration experience for a retailer or manufacturer
• Experience in fashion jewelry or accessories product development a plus
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally