Designer / Art Director
Our client, a well-known agency here in Chicago, is looking to hire a designer/ art director hybrid on their team.
Someone that can both concept and ideate, as well as have the production chops through final execution to match!
Ideally, this person will have presentation software experience as well!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops concepts and designs with context in mind (i.e.: audience, client, project objectives, strategy/creative direction, venue/location, etc.)
- Demonstrates a mastery of production skills, typography, color, composition, layout, and visual storytelling across print, environmental (wayfinding, branding, thematic, experiential), and digital applications (screen graphics, online communications, media)
- Articulates and presents design concepts, insights, and rationale to internal team members and clients
- Works with Senior teams to create original design concepts and realize them through production and final execution
- Interprets and implements design direction and feedback
- Demonstrates the ability to realize concepts from start to finish, including the production of files for final distribution to vendors (print and/or screen-ready files)
- Ensures the quality of final execution with print, fabrication, and technology vendors
- BA degree in Design or related field
- Minimum of four years of experience in Design or related field
- Extensive proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Extensive proficiency in PowerPoint and Keynote
- Strong traditional and environmental design skills to be used in a variety of applications (i.e. motion, visual campaigns, branding, presentations, scenic, environmental)
- Willingness to go beyond a job description and jump in wherever needed
- Confident and engaging communicator and presenter
- Impeccable attention to detail, particularly in the production and execution of final files and artwork
Send your portfolio today!