3-6 month contract
Our client, a well-known active lifestyle retailer, is looking for a Designer specializing in knitted apparel.
Develop seasonal product concepts based on thorough trend and competitive research and overall creative direction. Manage seasonal product design execution for the business classification to achieve overall creative and business objectives. This includes fabric and trim selection, styling, color, textile design, and fit.
- Research, interpret and apply market trends appropriate to the brand.
- Manage creative and technical development of product within the merchandise assortment strategies.
- Develop technical sketches for new products.
- Partner with PD to review all prototype samples for construction, silhouette, fit, and trim details.
- Collaborate with Design and Merchandising team to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity.
- Manage, develop and approve seasonal pattern work, trims and washes and/or materials.
- Identify and handoff BOM to Product Developers.
- Attend Product Fittings and address fit issues to maintain the design integrity and ensure the fit is brand appropriate.
- Develop and coach Associate and/or Assistant Designers.
- Manage and execute product presentations.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal and external partners.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility.
- Execute within seasonal calendar schedules.
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as an advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- Education/Experience Required
- Industrial, apparel or fashion design degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of successful product design and development experience.
- Proven design expertise within, or related to, the classification/category.
- Proven ability to manage, coach and develop others.