Digital Allocation Planner
Digital Allocation Planner
Our client, a global activewear brand, is looking for an organized Digital Allocation Planner to join their team.
The role of Digital Allocation Planner is one that sets our Digital Commerce Business up for success through a combination of business acumen, analytical prowess, technical skill, systems understanding, and relationship building. Our Digital Allocation Planner will analyze a wide variety of retail metrics including sell-through, turn, in-stock rates, weeks of supply, and gross margin and translate that into decision-making and action to drive strong business results. The planner will share business results in the context of planned and forecasted sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. In partnership with a variety of teams, the planner will develop facility-level distribution strategies for upcoming seasons based on analysis of bottom up merchandise plans, top down business plans, current sales trend, selling history, current and projected inventory levels, and facility operational constraints to achieve optimal inventories and maximize unit throughput.
Our ideal candidate will be highly analytical with exceptional technical skills and systems aptitude, understanding the inner workings and complex interactions of multiple reporting, planning, and executional systems. Driving toward a fully operationalized OTB, creating comprehensive, multi-dimensional in-stock reporting in collaboration with the planning, analytics, and digital operations teams, and working with analytics groups to incorporate sku-level forecasting into our executional system will be key accountabilities of the role. A keen understanding of end to end processes and data flow will be needed for success.
The Digital Allocation Planner will be responsible for ensuring healthy and productive inventory levels across our Digital Commerce fulfillment network. This includes multiple locations with differing business rules governing both logical and physical inventory movements, at multiple levels of analysis, including category, silhouette, style-color, and size. The planner will maximize the in-stock position of fulfillment centers while minimizing risk of aged inventory and end of season transitions. The planner will manage product coming from multiple sources within a complex supply chain network.
Strong written and verbal communication and influencing skills are also required in this highly collaborative role. Close partnership with a wide variety of functions including Merchandising, Site Merchandising, Planning, Supply Chain, Marketplace Operations, Marketplace Analytics, Transportation, Digital Fulfillment, Brand, Marketing and Finance is an integral aspect of the role. Achieving our financial commitments and meeting and exceeding consumer expectations during peak business timeframes requires intensive collaboration between all of these groups. The ideal candidate will have a powerful sense of initiative, and a solution-oriented, team-focused mindset. The strongest candidates will have a demonstrated history of innovative thinking with the ability to bring ideas to life, driving business results and delivering enhanced capabilities and value to the overall team.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related discipline required
- 3-5 years related direct to consumer planning and allocation experience required
- Excellent business analysis skills including metric-based decision making and problem solving
- Expert level Excel skills, including the ability to build complex scenario modeling frameworks, writing complex formulas, creating complex pivot tables, and managing the integrity of multiple linked spreadsheets.
- Proficiency with other MS Office Products, including Outlook, Power Point, and Word
- Strong Proficiency in Tableau report building and data visualization
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA strongly preferred
- Knowledge of JustEnough Allocation system and/or SAP a big plus
- Strong systems aptitude
- A passion for innovation and a change champion
- Strong communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to share ideas and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management
- Flexibility, adjusting priorities and managing time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of urgency and strong desire to succeed and drive business results