Digital Art Director
Thriving Lifestyle brand is looking for a Digital Art Director to join their team!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the team to create and implement web ready artwork for bi-monthly web refreshes, site sales, new page templates, email and other digital content Lead in the creation of graphic look and feel for the brands digital channel.
- Guide web designers to execute projects based on the creative direction given for the project, within the given timelines.
- Filter all design solutions through the lens of the brand.
- Pay close attention to consistency and include key brand elements in design work.
- Design with the customer in mind.
- Participate in project planning, and partner with Content Manager, Traffic Manager and Project Manager to coordinate calendars in order to deliver accurate and on-brand work by the required deadlines.
- Maintain comprehensive history of layout revisions, feedback from WIP meetings and communicate all outstanding items needed from the team while managing multiple jobs at one time.
- Present progress and final layouts for approval to Creative Director.
- Lead and manage a team of digital designers and AEM designers, to execute digital projects including site content, landing pages, email, banner ads, social graphics, and web imagery. Facilitate goal setting, performance reviews, touch bases and training for direct reports.
- Juggle multiple projects while delegating responsibilities to the web designers, inspiring & motivating them to develop their design skills and be engaged participants in the success of the brand.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to align overall brand look and feel and department goals into assigned projects.
- Present progress development and final layouts for approval to Creative Director.
- Proactively communicate with Project Managers, Content Manager and Traffic Manager to keep all projects on schedule.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Design, User Experience, Web Development or equal combination of experience and education.
- 3-5 years working experience as an Art Director with similar scope of responsibilities and accountabilities
- Minimum of 1 year of experience managing a team
- Experience working in retail industry on an ecommerce platform preferred
- Experience making presentations to executives and all levels of employees
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Must be highly proficient with current versions of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch or Adobe XD, and familiar with a wide range of other design, web and multimedia software and applications.
- Ability to plan timelines, manage multiple projects, and delegate responsibilities to a team are essential.
- User Interface Design – User analysis, Information architecture, Usability evaluation and testing, graphical interface design
- Best practices for creating and optimizing web graphics
- Manager preferred Schedule and Travel: Must be able to occasionally travel domestically and internationally.