Digital Creative Director
We are partnering with our agency client, specializing in web design, web development & digital marketing, to find a Digital Creative Director.
The agency is mostly digital/interactive, but is also doing branding, visual/creative, and content. The role will involve managing and growing the creative team, but the CD should still be interested in doing the creative work themselves.
Looking for a Digital Creative Director to join our team and work with us on a wide variety of digital projects including ecommerce, web applications, mobile applications, CMS websites, digital-centric experiences, and online marketing. The Digital Creative Director is the leader of our creative team — you’ll be essential in driving effective strategy for our client partners, as well as helping mentor and coach your team of designers, writers & strategists.
- 7+ years experience in UX or UI design in an agency setting. Ideally with some years as a CD and/or AD.
- A strong portfolio of high-quality digital strategy, user interface and visual design work
- Experience with long-term product design and development
- Experience in (and desire to do) a wide variety of digital projects
- A passion and strong understanding of design concepts
- The ability to dig into the work specifically, not just delegate design work
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with clients and team members
- Ability to contribute to team growth and process improvement
- Work with clients and your team of designers, writers, and strategists to develop the creative strategy and direction of their work
- Helping the other internal teams strategize, estimate, and produce sales presentations
- Run collaborative workshops with clients & the GRAYBOX team
- Lead internal Design Thinking efforts & trainings
- Identify the strategic direction for client work, and clearly communicate these ideas to the creative team.
- Produce and present creative briefs to the creative team and clients
- Coach and mentor everyone on the creative team
- Participate in the local design community and help us build a good reputation
The ideal candidate loves to learn and teach and is passionate about design and solving difficult problems with fresh ideas. Must be independent, entrepreneurial, highly-motivated, dependable, and highly-experienced, with the ability to advise and consult on best practices for effective work. Must be comfortable and thrive in a client-facing role.