Job: Digital Developer/Designer
Location: Downtown Chicago
Our healthcare industry leading medical device and supply company in Chicago is looking to immediately hire a Digital Developer/Designer to support their marketing department with email campaigns, design and program high-quality, well-structured, and easily maintainable marketing campaign assets such as landing pages, email marketing templates, display ads, and social media content. In addition this person will be supporting new company launches by designing from-scratch websites under the direction of the Creative Manager.
Each day provides a new opportunity for digital design and problem-solving, but you’re never at it alone. The Digital Developer/Designer will work closely with other designers, web developers, copywriter, and Creative Manager to design innovative and exciting solutions for the brand.
Major Responsibilities include:
· Use design, code, and creative thinking as tools to work collaboratively with other creatives, programmers, and business users to solve existing or potential problems
· Design and program high-quality, well-structured, and easily maintainable marketing campaign assets such as landing pages, email marketing templates, display ads, and social media content
· Execute minor and moderate changes to various websites in a timely and detail focused manner
· Support new company launches by designing from-scratch websites under the direction of the Creative Manager
· Create and/or edit assets for digital use such as photography, GIFs, and animations
· Collaborate within team to foster an environment of innovative and creative design
· Communicate effectively in both technical and business environments to establish understanding of expectations and deliverables and maintain clean documentation
· Apply best practice design principles such as color, typography, photographic selection, organizing elements, and usability
· Demonstrate the ability to balance design aesthetics with technical platform capabilities or other limitations
· Present rationale for design choices and ensure design meets business objectives as stated in creative briefs/meetings with Creative Manager and/or business users
· Help advance the creative quality of multiple company brands and marketing communication vehicles
· Manage all Digital Marketing Collateral
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
• between 1 - 4 years professional digital experience
• Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design, or related field preferred
• In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
• Knowledge and skill in typography, design hierarchy, data visualization, and layout
• Demonstrated ability to convert Photoshop/Illustrator designs to pixel-perfect HTML/CSS
• Detail-oriented individual with experience in balancing design and front-end development
• Keep up with fast-changing digital landscape
• Experience using version control
• Self-starter personality with enthusiastic, “heck yeah” attitude in accepting work/new challenges
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects (Actual juggling not required)
• The talent to build collaborative relationships
• The ability to manage projects from the concept to implementation
• Ability to work independently, but comfortable taking direction
This onsite permanent role reports to the Creative Manager. You’ll have your own workspace, it is a MAC and ASUS environment.
Benefits include: Attractive Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K, $500 tuition stipend, additional training and continued education for growth company will pay for courses / events, monthly employee recognition, monthly breakfast catered with the entire office weekly, company cruise on Lake Michigan in summer.
Please include your portfolio/website. Candidates who do not provide will not be considered. Thanks!