Director of Brand Developent - Apparel
Leading sports retailer is looking for a Director of Brand Development to plan, develop and implement a brand strategy, manage marketing programs and assortments to drive revenue and profitability for their apparel line. You will be responsible and accountable for all aspects and driving the success of the apparel brand and product line. This position is a key member of the merchandising team working closely with the company owner and key employees in Merchandising, Marketing, E-Commerce, Retail Sales, Distribution and Financial Management. You will develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers to ensure the highest quality and creativity of product development, brand strategies and marketing programs to help us continue to WOW our customers!
Develop and implement marketing strategy and communication and apparel assortment plan for all customer segments via the most relevant marketing channels. Champions and defends of the brand ensuring that all communication contact points (including all marketing materials, sales and internet interfaces and delivery of product) are consistent with the brand image. Ensures that brand communication reflects overall corporate brand strategy as well as individual brand strategy. Develop strategies for all marketing partners to ensure consistency and adherence to brand philosophy and communication strategies.
- Define and develop the apparel story and understand how this will influence our brand messaging.
- Defines and understands the target customer and how they view, interact and purchase. Find insights into the customer behavior through market research, surveys, customer care communications and style trends. Determines the universe potential for the business and understands the external environment as it relates to this business.
- Responsible for consistent communication of the brand communication strategies both internally and externally.
- Develops the brand, identifies who the customer is/could be and ensure that brand assortment and communications are appropriate for this target consumer.
- Monitor sales, profits, margin and budget throughout the year and make strategic and tactical adjustments to plans accordingly. Develop yearly goals and targets for sales, margin and budget and provide information for forecasts during the year.
- Investigate and use appropriate problem-solving techniques to manage to results. Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Practice team building, operate in a self-managed manner and contribute to the overall goals of the department and Company. Meet ever changing departmental requirements by being flexible, cooperative, and professional. Understand, support and contribute to team goals, and utilize team resources.
- Possess the skills necessary to change and adapt to the needs and requirements of the Company and department. Support a continual quest for quality and improvement. Incorporate feedback and recommendations to improve performance. Exhibit professionalism, optimism, and a positive approach when change is necessary.
- Pursue professional development activities in order to maintain an ever-current level of industry expertise.
Let’s see if you have what it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus minimum of seven years brand marketing experience for a private label fashion apparel line; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in driving growth of a private label fashion/apparel environments, experience working with a brand in the sports or active lifestyle environment is desired.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of internal executives, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to analyze data and develop appropriate business strategies and plans based on analyses.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization and information exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to foster and maintain an atmosphere of open and positive communication and work effectively with all levels of employees, including executive management.