Director of Buying
Our client is a cool, contemporary and innovative high-end men’s and women’s fashion line that is known for both everyday chic styles and dramatic head turning looks. Their runway shows are always unique and speak to the brands voice – being different is always a good thing. With a strong global presence in many major department stores and their own boutiques, our client’s international appeal is always expanding.
In this role you will oversee all aspects of the Women’s, Men’s and Accessories businesses for all retail stores and web by creating smart assortments, influencing product creation, maximizing in season business by style by store, managing product storytelling and ultimately driving top line sales and profitability.
- Have full accountability for the brand and ensure that all stores and the web have the right mix and quantity of products available to meet their business and customer need
- Aggressively drive the business by identifying opportunities and developing action plans to maximize best results
- closely with Planning to ensure optimal assortment management and regularly share business results with Planning partners
- Work closely with Visual Merchandising and Marketing to ensure execution of in store assortment strategies and storytelling
- Generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability
- Partner with team to run analysis and prepare selling hindsight on weekly, monthly, quarterly, seasonal basis in order to help identify opportunities in the assortment
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of 8-10 years previous experience in retail buying at a specialty vertical retailer
- Previous experience in accessories or footwear preferred
- Strong knowledge/experience with retail buying and financial Management
- Strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills
- Microsoft Office; advanced excel skills