Director of Marketing
A well-known beauty brand is looking for a Director of Marketing to join their awesome team!
The Director of Marketing will lead brand initiatives and category management for new and existing products to drive double-digit growth. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, category analysis, COGS management, new product strategy, go-to market planning, launch promotions, and project leadership for new product launches. This position requires a strong, proactive leader who is a conceptual and strategic thinker with entrepreneurial spirit and attention to detail.
Primary Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Spearhead the product to market process with all necessary support groups to deliver products on time and in budget. Includes leading gross margin oversight, growth plans, new product concepts and strategy, competitive analysis, forecast rationale and consumer research.
· Develop and manage Professional Brand Marketing Strategy, Promotions and Loyalty Program
· Work with Founder/Creative Director for brand development and storytelling for both Consumer and Professional Brands to ensure consistent brand messaging internally and externally
· Lead all areas of content generations and production across all media platforms.
· Develop and manage brand plans and marketing programs including marketing launch activities, promotions, sampling, in store events, catalogs and retailer programs.
· Set strategy for product packaging, merchandising, collateral and advertising
· Direct and support overall business initiatives and strategic planning including discontinuation analysis, management of excess inventory, pricing analysis, etc.
· Track and analyze past product launches and efficacy of marketing programs.
· Develop and manage collateral for new product launches including training materials, in store signage, direct mail pieces, etc.
· Manage External Marketing Agencies (PR & Social Media)
· Lead by example to create an environment that is encouraging, respectful and builds team cooperation
· 7+ years marketing experience in the cosmetics industry
· Previous Experience working with Sephora a must
· Must be adept at thinking strategically and creatively
· Strong general management skills to drive projects to completion
· Strong analytical, creative, oral and written communication skills
· Strong Copy Writing and Branding skills
· Metrics oriented
· Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment and can build, foster and nurture relationships with cross-functional teams
· Advanced level Excel & PowerPoint a must
· NPD experience is a plus