Director of Marketing
Title: Director of Marketing
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for building a long-term strategic plan, and managing the implementation of an integrated omni-channel marketing platform. This position must provide the company's senior management team with influential insight on the most
effective programs to communicate and market to the brand's consumer market segments. This position
must leverage rigorous data mining and analyses to increase visitation, cross-shopping and retention among multiple customer segments including: core, lapsed and prospect men's and women's fashion & accessories customers. Building the brand's women's business through highly creative marketing will be key. By partnering with the company's merchants, visual merchandising department, and by leading the marketing team, this role must architect customer facing programs that elevate brand perception consistently across traditional and digital touch points.
This individual must be experienced in retail marketing, with an applied understanding of digital media, consumer I mobile websites, email marketing and CRM. The role will be responsible for achieving maximum impact of marketing campaigns and for achieving effective ROI of the direct marketing programs.
This position will also be responsible for hands-on management of the company's digital programming and e-commerce strategic planning and roll-out. This will encompass tactical activities - interfacing with the store's operating groups, including: IT, merchandising, financial services, shipping and customer service. Responsibilities also include administration of the website, content/imagery/blog development, content management, SEO & SEM, website performance analytics and management reporting.
Major Component Responsibilities include:
• Perform analyses I conduct market research around business goals to assess the impact of marketing and communication programs.
• Develop metrics that will indicate measures of performance focused on key business levers, including: brand awareness among customer targets, prospect generation, brand messaging, purchase conversion ...
• Develop annual and seasonal marketing & communications plan to meet business goals.
• Oversee the development and implementation of all marketing programs, encompassing: Direct Marketing Programs
Social Media Marketing
• Set the brand's creative direction and manage creative development via in-house
Creative Services (including Graphic and Packaging Design), and /or with outside resources to produce deliverables that meet senior management's expectations and within budget/ timing parameters.
• Develop annual marketing & communications calendar.
• Manage all media, including: evaluation, selection, placement and implementation with the primary focus on print, web/ social based communications.
• Produce Special Events and Public Relations programs to elevate customer engagement.
• Create strategic partnerships to attract highly targeted customer prospect groups
• Superior Project Management: plan assign, prioritize and track the execution of multiple projects to meet marketing goals I deadlines.
• Creative Management: direct internal and/or external creative resources on the development of a wide array of marketing; insuring that content and copy is consistent across the brand.
• Team Building: work closely with cross functional teams, including sales management and visual merchandising to make sure objectives of all parties are understood for an integrated marketing approach.
• Leadership: provide ongoing communication to marketing team and internal and external constituents on projects' status. Maintain appropriate vendor communications and relationships to secure strategic partnerships.
• Planning: identity and create plans for improving opportunities to increase process efficiencies,
reduce turnaround time and/or reduce costs.
• Budget Management: create, manage and administer the marketing and communications budget.
Requirements & Work Style:
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) 7+ years of solid integrated marketing- including Digital Marketing and/or Marketing Communications experience with a retail organization, consumer goods company or communications agency.
Demonstrated leadership and functional expertise in digital marketing, including social media
and email marketing.
Detail-oriented, highly organized and excellent with time management. Must self-direct and multi-task.
Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to communicate clearly and
concisely with peers, subordinates and owners.
Team player with positive, professional demeanor and a focus on problem solving.
Must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment that is family owned and operated.