Director of Merchandising (Miami based, Relocation package provided)
Note: This position is based in Miami, FL and a relocation package is provided
Our client is a well-known brand presenting the ultimate luxury retail experience.
In this role, you would be responsible for leading the execution of merchandise selection and procurement for a segment of business. You would also be responsible for managing the development of assortment plans focusing on key brands, key classifications, and key items.
• Direct the execution of merchandise selection and procurement for a segment of business and lead strategic action plans to ensure future growth of category
• Oversee annual and seasonal objectives for each business and vendor for progress and performance, including sales, gross margin, exclusives, savings, subclass mixes, and key items
• Ensure the pricing, promotional strategies, and marketing plans support the financial objectives of the merchandise division
• Identify opportunity or weakness with existing plans and partner with Planning Managers and Merchandise Managers to resolve issues
• Establish a collaborative environment, promote employee professional development, and provide guidance
• Manage strong vendor relationships and strengthen market relationships and product and trend knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6+ years’ supervisory experience in merchandise, product development, production, and buying with a multi-unit retailer
• Previous experience at the Director level preferred
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite