Director of Payroll Operations (Entertainment)
An entertainment company in Culver City is looking for a Director of Payroll Operations. This is temporary position that will go at least 12 months, M-F 40 hours/week.
See the details below, and if you are interested and meet the requirements, please apply with your most updated resume.
The hiring manager is currently reviewing resumes and plans to interview qualified candidates as soon as possible. This is an urgent need.
The Director of Payroll Operations assumes responsibility for managing day to day operations and performance of a multi-state, as well as multi-country, payroll organization. This position requires a thorough understanding of fundamental payroll principles. The Director will ensure that all work related to payroll processing is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
In addition, this position will coach / mentor staff; provide work direction and prioritization of daily workload to analysts and staff; address and resolve Payroll issues escalated above the Analyst level; provide support and guidance to Analysts leading process improvement teams; and build and foster customer relationships with key business partners. The position also entails providing strategic guidance and identifying areas for improvement with other Payroll staff.
- Ensure that clerks and analysts conduct payroll processing in an accurate and timely manner by providing work direction and prioritization to staff.
- Develop policies and procedures related to accuracy and efficiency of payroll processing
- Recommend and implement procedural changes based on information received from Human Resources, Labor Relations and unions
- Resolve Payroll issues that have been escalated by Clerks and Managers/Analysts.
- Supervises, trains, assists and mentors Payroll Managers/Analysts and Payroll Clerks. Provide formal and informal feedback to staff.
- Work with the Payroll Executive Director and other executives on various initiatives and to identify continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of payroll experience
- 3-5 years of managerial experience
- Experience in entertainment-unique payroll practices and procedures
- Fundamental payroll concepts
- Application of analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management and process improvement
- Strategic planning and execution to plan
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially in Excel
- Must be able to pass a background check prior to start if the position is offered