Director of Product Development (Color Cosmetics)
Our client is a renowned company creating trendsetting makeup, skincare, and hair care must-haves. Their cutting-edge, modern, and on-trend approach distinguishes them at the forefront of the industry across the globe.
In this position, you would be responsible for developing an ongoing product pipeline of innovative cosmetic formulas and shades by partnering with R&D, packaging, marketing, and sales.
• Develop an ongoing product pipeline of innovative cosmetic formulas and shades and oversee all phases of product development from ideation, R&D, testing, production, and launch
• Lead a team, foster a collaborative environment, mentor staff, and train the sales team on new products and trends
• Create product briefs, including marketing rationale, benchmarks, and testing validation and remain current of emerging technologies, ingredients, and trends
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as labs, packaging, marketing, and sales to ensure new products are timely and innovative
• Understand feasibility and COG constraints, evaluate competitive formulas, brands, and trends, and present new product collections to customers
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years’ product development experience
• R&D background
• Proven track record in successful products launches