Director of Project Management
The Director of Project Management will work alongside a Retail Developer/Industrial Designer, a Creative Director and an Account Director focusing on clients within the consumer electronics and emerging technologies industries.
Extensive project management experience
Basic knowledge of retail builds and experiential design & activations
Studio management experience- needs to be able to manage teams and morale, not just individual projects.
Confidence to serve as proxy of Account Director in the studio- has to be able to put the AD hat on and embody the client when the AD is on the road.
Needs to be able to offer insightful solutions when problems arise
The Director of Project Management manages, coordinates and leads an assigned client base in all aspects of projects and programs. This position acts as conduit for project information to ensure that all critical delivery, quality, margin and client expectations are met. The Director of PM is a critical member of the Client Services team in ensuring all client and business goals are met.
· Lead internal project teams for client assignments.
· Manage all steps of projects to ensure that project timing and budget stays on track.
· Initiate necessary meetings, issuing requests and directing flow of information, to ensure projects are properly moving forward.
· Understand and interpret account sales forecasts as they relate to timing of execution for project and drives project to meet the forecast.
· Work with team to create project timeline as well as management of the timeline to ensure that key milestones are met. Raises awareness to account manager and project team if/when milestones are not met. Holds team members accountable for delivering prescribed information / solutions / deliverables previously agreed to meet critical dates.
· Work with team to coordinate availability and approvals of certain key elements during course of project to include, but not limited to, detailed drawings, artwork, distro lists, instruction sheets, carton labeling information, proofs, furnished item status, etc.
· Coordinate and communicate change management within project and developing corresponding plan alterations.
· Ensure proper and complete project closure, and invoicing.
· Manage inventory disposition, and other after-the-project duties such as inventory awareness (bill as ship) and e-commerce activity.
· Oversees a team of employees to ensure proper project support / client satisfaction and margin achievement.
· Work with team to deliver projects to clients at or above predicted margin.
· Perform performance evaluations with each group member; provide yearly goals and targets for improvement.
· Manage problem escalation process as needed.
· Ensure that proper processes and procedures are effectively trained and maintained by department.
· Ensure department goals are met.
· Achieve annual business plan operating profit per client base.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Responsible for supervising a team of employees, including a Project Manager
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
· Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
· 8+ years progressive project management experience required
· 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
· Prior managerial/supervisory experience
· Periodic travel is required, including the potential for international travel
· High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
· Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
· Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
· Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
· Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
· Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting