Director of Public Relations
Director of Public Relations
*Must have experience from a SaaS company*
Our client, a well-known cloud-based work management and collaboration app company, is seeking a Director of Public Relations. Must have the mindset of a marketing leader and the skill set of a world-class PR pro. The right person will have a deep passion for influencer communications, love the idea of helping to build a brand for one of the world’s leading SaaS/cloud companies, and be focused on driving awareness-creation and company growth.
Working closely with the VP of Corporate Marketing and Communications, the Director of Public Relations will set the strategic direction of the company’s public relations efforts in line with our business goals and company vision. You will also lead the execution and measurement of all related work deliverables, managing both internal and external agency resources to deliver world-class results. The ultimate goals of the position are to drive revenue growth by enhancing the company’s industry influence and category leadership, build brand awareness, and deepen relationships with press, influencers, and analysts.
- Lead all strategy development and execution support for global public relations programs aligned to business objectives and priorities
- Establish, cultivate and maintain strong, fair, and transparent working relationships with media/online influencers
- Maintain a regular cadence of press releases and media alerts (corporate, product, case study, partner, award, etc.) to keep the company top of mind with customers, press, analysts, and other key audiences
- Work in partnership with the VP of Corporate Marketing and Communications to build and manage crisis and change communications programs
- Provide strategic communications counsel, including financial communications tailored to a high-growth, emerging company
- Oversee all communications metrics reporting. Contribute to enhanced marketing measurement capabilities by completing KPI measurement for designated campaigns, as appropriate
- Meet regularly with key business stakeholders to understand business needs and objectives; provide counsel and recommendations
- Develop and proactively pitch story ideas, securing media interview opportunities and managing the interview process, including the development of pre-interview briefs/messaging
- Develop media-facing materials, as needed, including news releases, pitches, fact sheets, talking points and Q&As, reactive messaging/holding statements, bylined articles, etc.
- Work closely with executives, including the CEO and departmental heads, and subject matter experts to educate media on priority business topics
- Draft contributed articles and Q&A responses for key executives, conducting executive interviews where required
- Research relevant media coverage and industry trends and develop outreach campaigns that position executives as thought leaders around those topics
- Compile and distribute industry news reports to the sales team on timely and relevant topics to help them capitalize on trends and opportunities happening in the market
- Work with PR agencies to track and monitor speaking opportunities, awards, and editorial calendars for top media outlets
- Prepare briefing materials for executives; coordinate scheduling and logistics; host media briefings
- Coordinate media interviews at conferences and trade shows.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in corporate communications or public relations role, in the software/SaaS industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field required
- Experience leading a team with proven ability to communicate, delegate, build a team, and develop direct reports
- Analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial metrics and communications requirements relevant to a publicly-traded company, as well as IPO communications experience
- Demonstrated experience presenting to and interacting with press, industry analysts, executive leaders, board members, customers, and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience managing relationships with PR agencies
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with all communications disciplines—internal communications, social media, media relations, and public relations
- Demonstrated proficiency of excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to write about complex topics in a simple, easy to understand way
- Ability to work one-on-one with business leaders (at all levels of the organization) on communications projects from conception to launch – and provide strategic advice and execution support throughout the process
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once while delivering high quality work, adhering to standards for internal client service and meeting deadlines
24 Seven is an award-winning creative staffing and recruiting firm that connects high caliber talent with leading brands, marketing departments, design firms, ad and interactive agencies. For 15 years, 24 Seven has been providing temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search solutions to leading organizations across many industries, including fashion, luxury retail, e-commerce and beauty. We support our clients' evolving talent demands with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta.