Director Of Retail Services
Our client is a large, local sporting goods company looking for a Director Retail Services to join the team. As Director of Retail Services you will obsess over improving and evolving how we serve our consumers at retail across the globe. Your job is to develop a portfolio of services that remove friction from the shopping experience and create distinction for new store concepts. You will be responsible for driving these service work streams across the organization—setting the service strategy, business model and operational plan—end to end. You will work closely with the Stores Concept Team, Service & Experience Design team, Retail Digital Product, and other cross-functional teams to push the thinking on these service work streams. It is expected that all of these opportunities will be grounded in consumer insights, validated through a test and learn approach, and quantified through expected outcomes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Set the strategy, vision, experience, value proposition and business model for key concept services across the globe.
- Partner with Store Concepts, Service Experience Design, Digital Product, and other cross-functional teams to together innovate on the service proposition.
- Identify business targets, membership targets and KPIs for each service; partner with our Consumer Data Science team to brief-in real-time analytics and identify larger trends and learnings.
- Retail Trend Expertise - serve as a center of excellence around new retail services—physical & digital; inspire teams on what is possible.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- 6 years+ of work experience, experience in developing and delivering consumer-centric services across digital and retail.
- Proven ability to shape and drive strategic agendas, inclusive of strategic visioning, expert data synthesis, and high-profile communications (compelling, high impact storyteller)
- Strategic and growth mindset with proven ability to drive growth with a test and learn approach across a newly formed service or business model.
- Proficient in financial analysis and modeling.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work a complex global / geo stakeholder team. to reach project milestones, whilst also a pro-active self-starter who can work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal partners and leaders throughout the organization.
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments