Director of Social Media Marketing
Our client is the #1 supercharged ionized alkaline water in the premium bottled water category, and is looking for a talented and passionate individual to join their growing team. The Director of Social Media Marketing, based in their Bothell, Washington corporate office (Kirkland, Washington border), is a key member of the marketing team, reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. In this role, the Director will be on point to develop overarching strategy and oversee flawless, high impact and timely execution of all social media programs developed by their lead agency partner in addition to their internal creative team. This role demands a strong strategic leader well versed in all aspects of social media with additional knowledge of competitive and consumer trends in the social space and identification of new opportunities that will help grow the brand.
What you will be doing:
As the Director of Social Media Marketing, you will be responsible for:
- Develop, implement and optimize social media marketing strategy, managing a team on point for execution and delivery against set KPIs.
- Provide thought leadership and a strategic POV on consumer marketing initiatives, ensuring that all social media best practices and tactics are fully integrated into the annual master marketing plan, key brand initiatives, and seasonal campaigns.
Provide strategic and motivational leadership for a team responsible for:
- Social marketing: Program development and execution, creative concepts, content development and execution and moderation of the brand’s presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and other similar community sites.
- Community management: Supporting team with 24/7 community moderation, sentiment analysis, communication and engagement. Conducting audits on an ongoing basis to ensure the brand “voice”, quality and timeliness of responses, and the epitome of customer service is always executed.
- Measure, analyze, optimize and report out on program and/or campaign performance, refining the strategy and executional elements as needed to achieve key objectives.
- Define, evolve, and report on KPIs with an emphasis on meaningful measurement and actionable key learnings.
Communication & Relationship Building:
- Cultivate effective partnerships between functional area directors, agency partners and team members. Collaborate and ideate with cross-functional teams to develop integrated marketing plans.
- Share relevant information in a clear, professional and concise manner
Leadership & People Management:
- Lead the development of team members to create an environment that encourages active participation, creativity, accountability, and team work with paths for advancement and improvement.
- Determine staffing needs and oversee the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and development team members (including contractors used on an “as needed” basis.
- Manage departmental processes and procedures to ensure the strategies and directives of the department are carried out in accordance with department and company objectives.
- Prioritize and organize the assignment of tasks, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources.
Business Performance & Accountability
- Direct and implement proper controls to ensure that social media marketing initiatives are implemented in a timely manner, either meeting or exceeding brand expectations.
- Analyze departmental reports and relevant analyses in order to make strategic and tactical decisions.
- Budget development and management. Make adjustments in activities and expenses throughout fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results
What are they looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- BA/BS bachelor’s Degree with at least eight (8+) years of experience driving social media programs
- Self-starter who can proactively drive their responsibilities and deliverables forward on strategy, on brand, on time and within budget.
- Experience in consumer marketing required for lifestyle brand(s).
- In depth understanding of the millennial target audience.
- Experience leading, managing and growing a team.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of social media tools.
- Ability to travel as required.