Director of Training and Development
Our client is a leading grocery retailer focusing on selling ethically sourced and sustainably produced food, lifestyle, and home products.
In this position, you would be responsible for creating standard operating procedures, designing learning programs, and conducting training sessions to assist with employee training and development.
• Create SOPs to help workers carry out complex routine operations for efficiency
• Designs, develops, and administers learning programs for employees
• Create learning manuals, present in-person to develop employee knowledge, training, and retention
• Prepare new and existing employees for success by conducting orientation to company processes and procedures, develop individual coaching plans, providing resources and assistance
• Determine training needs by observing interdepartmental and customer interactions, studying results reports, and conferring with leadership.
• Develop individual results, provide coaching, conduct training sessions and develop outcome improvement resources.
• Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques, making support readily available and integrating support into routine job functions.
• Supports training financial objectives by recommending budget items; controlling costs.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree a plus
• 7+ years’ relevant experience, training with Grocery or Food Industry required