Director, Public Relations and Communications
Our client is a leading international organization with a mission to cure one of the most common diseases. Their approach supports research to cure, prevent, and treat the disease so everyone can live the life they deserve.
In this position, you would be responsible for overseeing all aspects of public relations, including implementing a comprehensive multi-channel public relations strategy. You would also be responsible for maintaining media relationships and pitching stories.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive multi-channel public relations strategy to drive growth and brand awareness
• Oversee all press collateral, media relations, and pitch concepts; partner with cross functional teams to pitch stories aligned with the community’s newsworthy business initiatives
• Compose media alerts, press releases, and speeches; pitch stories and field media questions; generate quarterly and annual recap reports
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with key media contacts and cultivate new relationships as necessary
• Remain current of emerging industry trends, events, and competitive landscape; manage all invoices, vendor contracts, and payments
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years’ public relations experience
• Strong familiarity with the health care and/or nonprofit sectors