Director/ VP Of Research (Beauty & CPG)
Our client is the leading authority on shopper behavior and retail trends. Through shopper insights research, global trend analysis and customized consulting services, they provide brands and retailers with strategies to keep them ahead of the market and work across all retail channels and multiple categories including food/beverage, fashion, beauty, health, consumer packaged goods.
The primary responsibility of the Director/VP of Research is to identify shopper insights that are emerging, support the rationale for the emerging insights with quantitative research and analyze research to look for visionary insights. They will also manage the overall research process, reporting directly into the President.
• Ability to analyze research findings and develop an insightful story with actionable recommendations and next steps
• Familiarity with a range of research methodologies and knowledge of when to use different approaches
• Produce reports and presentations that are accurate and quality checked
• Support client requests and requests from our consultants for content to address their topics
• Support client presentations to their management and retail customers
• Stay familiar with new research methodologies and cost efficiencies
• Be creative in approaches and questionnaire design for client research
• Prior experience in consumer package goods categories sold in mass retailers; prestige experience is a plus.
• Strong work experience with quantitative research, data analysis, survey writing, report writing project management, and client responsibility.
• Strong Excel (must), PowerPoint (must), SPSS (understanding)
• Experience analyzing large amounts of information and developing business recommendations in the marketing and/or engineering disciplines
• Excellent oral communication and writing skills, interpersonal skills and orientation toward client relationships
• High attention to detail; enjoys data-oriented research and skilled in data interpretation