Divisional Merchandise Manager
Our client is an innovative, luxurious and leading retailer that has recently been acquired by a well-known and prestigious brand group. Over the years they have adapted and grown within the industry and have made a name for themselves at the top. With a global reach, their company culture is warm, welcoming and they encourage entrepreneurial spirits and the emotionally intelligent.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the execution of merchandise selection and procurement for a particular segment of business.
• Supports company direction and develops strategic action plans to ensure future growth of category
• Identifies areas of opportunity or weakness with existing plans and works with both Planning Managers and Merchandise Managers to resolve issues
• Encourages an environment that promotes personal development of staff and their businesses including high morale amongst entire team
• Sets the overall strategy for Merchandising
• Understands competitor’s strengths, weaknesses, and strategy
• Partners closely with Merchandising and Planning team in order to set and drive financial goals
• Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to effectively develop appropriate strategy
• Ability to communicate concisely and effectively and challenge when and where necessary
• Ability to innovate change through visionary thinking and strategic management
• 6+ years of supervisory experience in Merchandise, Product Development
• Previous experience at the Divisional level preferred
• Bachelors Degree is preferred