E-Commerce Content Manager
This position will be responsible for helping to execute a comprehensive content strategy that raises brand awareness and customer engagement across all channels, including the website, mobile, email and social media. Our ideal candidate will understand our brand position and voice and be able to translate that into engaging content in creative and innovative ways through, but not limited to, a branded blog, newsletters and video. This person will be responsible for maintaining a calendar of content across all mentioned channels, for maintaining a list of tracking codes and for running reporting and competitive benchmarking.
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets. Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout.
- Create and publish engaging content for blog/website. Optimize content according to SEO.
- Edit and proofread site content. Provide reporting and analytics on performance of content.
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure content team is on board. Stay up to date with new trends and developments and generate ideas to draw audience’s attention.
- Maintain list of tracking codes.
- Pull Omniture reports.
- Maintain files of all content.
- Stay up to date on competitor content and benchmarking.
- Manage discussions on discussion posts.
- Ensure legal compliance (e.g. copyright and data protection).
Skills and Requirements
- Strong creative writing skills.
- Knowledge of the content management process and an ability to track performance of marketing programs.
- Strong communication and leaderingship skills; must be comfortable interacting with product stakeholders (technical and nontechnical).
- Comprehensive understanding of fashion and retail.
- Experience with blogging to achieve business goals.
- Stays on top of the latest content components across several key retailers and continuously strives to raise the bar on operational improvement.
- Experience development video content and copywriting for editorial content. Experience in fashion or beauty industry preferred.
- Experience with content mangement tools preferred.
- Bachelor's/general liberal arts degree required, with preference for business administration, communications, journalism or marketing.
- 4 years of experience in the field. Familiarity with social media.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Track record of project management that involves cross-functional partnership.
- Competency with Omniture reporting, tags and links.
- Experience creating ad-hoc reports within Excel.
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and WordPress or other blogging platform.
Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.