eCommerce Specialist, Direct-to-Consumer
Our client is a leading global toy and entertainment company that has been designing, developing, manufacturing, and marketing consumer products for 25 years.
- The Integrated Marketing Specialist – Direct-to-Consumer & 3P oversees the daily management, maintainance, promotional and digital marketing functions of the Consumer Shop Website, brand websites that have e-commerce enabled, as well as, 3P channels like Walmart.com, Jet.com, eBay.com etc.
- This role is nestled within the Digital Marketing Team, and involves playing quarterback between brand teams, demand and supply planning teams, web development team, social media team, and creative team to ensure that the aforementioned functions are in place to maximize ROI.
- Necessary skills include: basic understanding of digital marketing functions (SEO/SEM/Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager/Google Ads), experience with either Shopify, Oracle Commerce Cloud, Magento or other e-commerce SAAS platforms and the entrepreneurial spirit to develop a strong rapport with various internal and external departments to achieve organizational success.
- Collaborate with the web development team, creative team, and social media team to implement and develop the layout, function, sales and promotion calendar for the company e-commerce presence and other on-site e-commerce related initiatives.
- Manage the front-end user experience, including site navigation, product layout, banner updates, website performance and reliability, path-to-purchase, and promotional and media related content.
- Update promotions in the back-end system on a bi-weekly/monthly basis to ensure a healthy cadence of promotional content to consumers.
- Direct all company D2C-designated creative team members on vision and execution in order to align with overall promotional strategy.
- Optimize SEO and SEM metrics, variables and goals to reflect customer behavior and marketing campaigns that pertain to the company D2C website.
- Monitor and routinely analyze goal-related variables (ROI and KPIs) with Google Analytics and provide recommendations to the marketing team based on performance analysis.
- Collaborate with external Media Agencies to optimize our search strategy (Google Ads, RLSA, optimal consumer-path-flow)
- Actively seek out new developments in the digital landscape, including social media trends, e-commerce consumer behavior, layout optimization and value-added website features.
- Set forecasts in partnerships with the operational, brand and sales teams and manage inventory levels of products for the e-commerce platform.
- Meet with brand teams on a periodic basis to ensure optimal brand representation and brand-tailored strategy for our D2C sites.
- Present analytical reports on sales, performance etc. on a monthly basis and provide suggestions for improvements.
Required Skill Set:
- Ability to derive actionable insights from abstract data
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize work while consistently achieving desired results in a timely manner.
- Ability to both adapt to and manage changing priorities independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels, within a team environment.
5.0 Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Certification in Google Analytics and Google Ads preferred
- Knowledge of Web development (HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop) as asset
- Working knowledge of SAAS platforms like Magento, Shopify or WordPress considered a plus
- Training in search campaign optimization and programmatic preferred
- Some level of experience with SAP preferred
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Bachelor’s Degree with a background in Sales or Marketing