Email Marketing Assistant
Our client, a leading beauty brand, is looking for a contract or contract to hire Digital Marketing Associate to focus on Email Marketing. The Email Marketing Specialist will manage the day-to-day execution of our global email marketing campaigns & promotions, and transaction – supporting company and business objectives. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Customer Engagement, the Specialist is responsible for building email campaigns, list validation and quality assurance of all outbound campaigns. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and committed to accuracy, with a proven track record in email marketing. This individual must be proactive, resourceful, flexible and able to drive strategy while also owning implementation. This is a high growth, full-time position that offers a lot of opportunity for a resourceful, motivated individual.
• Campaign and Promotions: perform end-to-end production of all global email marketing activities including, but not limited to:
o Email campaign set-up: Actively maintain cross-functional global email marketing calendar – ensure alignment across all promotional marketing efforts in accordance with our customer contact plan.
o Code email: Create and leverage HTML coded email templates to deliver up-to-date email campaigns
o Email lists: Mange subscriber data based off segmentation requirements – maintain and ensure high levels of data hygiene
o Quality assurance: Conduct QA reviews to test for functionality and rendering quality
o Schedule: Schedule deployments in the Marketing Cloud application and providing completion communications to the client o Reporting: Monitor the campaign post-deployment to validate deliverability, and deliver email performance reports/insights to help improve future campaigns and optimize key metrics.
• Transactional: Own the maintenance and review of transactional emails, including, but not limited to:
o Lead and manage content review for all global transactional emails. Identifying areas for optimization.
o Create and leverage HTML coded email templates o Work with cross-functional teams to manage edits and quality assurance
• Manage deliveryablity status via bounce/block reports, resolving any issues.
• Execute email test plans to identify optimal messaging, design, cadence, etc. for our target audiences. Report on results & champion optimization.
• Troubleshoots technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required.
• Stay abreast of the ever-changing email marketing channel, and contribute new ideas toward growth & optimization and best practice.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in email marketing with demonstrated success in executing high volume, integrated email marketing programs. B2B marketing experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required.
• 2 years of experience with HTML
• Knowledge and prior use of email management platforms required; Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills and ability to create and maintain detailed documentation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to organize and scrutinize a large quantity of data, interpret metrics and derive actionable insights.
• Agile and quick to adapt to evolving business needs and objectives while keeping in mind long term goals.
• Demonstrated understanding of CAN-SPAM requirements, HTML, email best practices and inbox deliverability. Hybris experience preferred.
• Advanced excel skills (pivot tables, formulas, VLookup), to cross reference and validate email recipients.
• Highly self-motivated and directed with experience working in a fast paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to offer flexibility in schedule, understanding some projects may require additional work during evenings and some weekends.