Email Marketing Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for driving customer retention through the execution of various email engagement and monetization strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee Daily Operations (50%)
• Prioritize communications, including vendor/paid placements & test plans.
• Implement new trigger programs.
• Ensure execution of industry and Walmart best practices.
• Review and share program performance & insights on daily/ weekly basis.
• Own email process from ideation to deployment
2. Ideation, Planning & Development (50%)
• Provide strategic leadership by driving innovative solutions through aggressive testing
• Conceptualize, develop and operationalize new trigger programs.
• Cultivate internal relationships with various partners to ensure deadlines are clear and attainable.
• Drive innovative solutions to improve process and quality of deliverables.
1) Competencies: Skills, knowledge, & abilities
• Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into action
• Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Excel
• Familiar with Dreamweaver and basic HTML
• Knowledge of email and/or other direct marketing media
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication, organization and prioritization skills.
• Strong analytical & quantitative abilities
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and drive them to resolution
• Strong integrity, maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges
• Ability to coordinate cross-functional solutions with multiple stake-owners.
• 4-6 years of marketing experience
• Email/direct marketing experience required
• Experience with using ESP’s preferred but not required
3) Minimum educational level:
• B.A. in Marketing, Business or related field strongly preferred