Email Marketing Manager
Our client is looking for a data-driven Email Marketing Manager to join their growing marketing team. The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for all email marketing initiatives including both consumer and B2B channels. In this role, you will develop a strong understanding of the customer and use that knowledge to define, execute, and optimize email strategies in partnership with Performance Marketing, Creative, and Social teams.
- Oversee all aspects of our email marketing channels from overall strategy and calendaring to creative development and day-to-day management
- Own & execute B2B email strategy across retail partners
- Create and implement a consumer email marketing strategy to grow database
- Oversee and execute email schedule and distribution, working directly with 3rd parties as needed
- Proactively drive the email calendar and develop strategies to meet subscriber acquisition goals for the channel
- Develop data-driven customer segmentation strategies that enable us to drive higher conversion for prospective customers and engagement among existing customers
- Setup and deploy lifecycle management campaigns that maintain journeys, triggers, and automations with static and dynamic content
- Manage development and execution of email marketing program structure (welcome series, newsletters, promotional emails)
- Develop email templates across programs (promotional emails, newsletters)
- Understand and implement industry marketing email best practices for design and development, including responsive/adaptive design
- Conduct A/B tests and analyze results to garner insights and optimize future email campaigns and gain further insights into customer behavior
- Work closely with the broader Marketing team on coordinated campaigns across paid and unpaid channels
- Conduct deployment check tests to ensure that links, images, subject lines, mailings, and lists function properly
- Monitor deliverability and overall account reputation to ensure messages are being delivered to the inbox
- Compile and present monthly reports covering key metrics and synthesized insights
- Optimize user experience for high open and CTR and sales transactions
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of email marketing programs or processes from in-depth knowledge of campaign management and email execution tools
- Stay on top of emerging technologies, best practices, and competitive insights to be able to provide recommendations on new technical solutions as relevant and to be constantly pushing the envelope on new tactics and approaches
- 3+ years experience developing and executing email marketing campaigns for an e-commerce, CPG and/or entertainment company
- Experience with audience segmentation, A/B testing, and automated customer journeys
- Experience pulling data, building analytics reports, and communicating key insights.
- Experience with CMS platforms
- Able to work with cross functional teams and 3rd party vendors
- Understanding of Ecommerce, demand generation, lead lifecycle, and lead nurturing preferred
- Hands-on experience with ESPs such as Mailchimp
- In-depth knowledge of pixels & Google tag manager
- Strategic, innovative thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life.
- Entrepreneurial – able to deal with ambiguity and work with little or no direction. Ability to produce with limited budget and resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business preferred