Entry Level Administrative Assistant
Large healthcare client looking for an entry level administrative assistant to join their team for a 3-month contract!
PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE: Performs clerical support for departments within the company. The clerk works closely with department staff as well as staff in other corporate departments.
* Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and be able to multitask.
* Ability to operate business machines, computers, copiers, fax.
* Proven ability of telephone courtesy.
* Ability to follow instructions.
* Alpha and numeric filing abilities.
* Ability to express self clearly through verbal and written communications.
* Responsible and dependable, general office skills, ability to apply basic math skills, flexible in duties, positive attitude, basic operation of standard office equipment such as PC and CRT, Microsoft Word and Excel experience helpful, and good communication skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with all levels of corporate staff.
* Working knowledge of general insurance terminology is desired. Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
* High School diploma or equivalent .
* 30 wpm keying ability, with 95% accuracy; 10-key ability.
CLERK I: Six months of general office experience or training, technical, vocational, careers in basic office procedures or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
General Functions and Outcomes
* Assist in clerical duties for Operations Department
* May act as a receptionist by answering phones, greeting internal and external customers, notifying colleagues of visitors, and other reception-type duties.
* May receive, date stamp, sort, log and distribute all incoming mail, claims and/or inquiries coming into unit. * Schedules and orders service for equipment as required.
* Maintains inventory and supplies for equipment as required.
* Performs data entry and PC work and assists with phone coverage as required in certain departments. * May pre-screen claims for lines of business and/or type of claim. May also log in incoming customer service inquiries and distribute phone reports as directed.
* Delivers and picks up documents from other departments as needed.
* May verify that information on produced documents is accurate.
* Distributes contracts, riders and amendments in a timely and accurate manner. Mails out individual policies and certificates.
* Prepares correspondence, envelopes, applications and other records for imaging. Provides back up coverage for imaging department.
* Researches returned mail for correct addresses.
* May assist other staff by calling members, group administrators, agents/brokers, attorneys or providers, or other member representatives to obtain clarification, missing information and/or correct any errors.
* Assists and supports staff in sending out standard memos and correspondence. Types and sends letters to members and providers.
* Logs and documents any checks coming into the department and hands them to the appropriate Billing Specialist.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* May research and report findings back to Supervisor needed.
* Willing to work overtime and on weekends as needed.
* Other duties as assigned Work Environment
* No unusual working conditions.
* Work primarily performed in office environment. Expectations of All Contingent Workforce
* Conducts business with high regard for corporate values and in compliance with its Code of Business Conduct.
* Maintains high regard for member and Medicare beneficiary privacy and complies with Corporate Privacy and information security policies.
* Contributes to the achievement of our Corporate Affirmative Action goals and objectives.
* Responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope. Contributes to and supports the company's quality initiatives