Entry level Illustrator
Position: Entry level Illustrator
Location: North West Suburbs
Our client, an iconic collectibles company is looking for an entry-level Illustrator further learn the brand traits and standards and eventually progress up to Master level Illustrator.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Creates new artwork from concept to finished art, focusing on market trends.
• Formulates concept and renders illustration and detail from models, sketches, memory, and imagination.
• Draws or paints illustration as required. Discusses illustration at various stages of completion and makes changes as necessary.
• Develops and maintains projects for various departments within the company including Licensing, Marketing and Product Development.
• Ensures that all art work is on model and that all forms of art are executed with consistency and meet the quality standards of the company
• The illustrator must also keep in mind the mission to touch people’s hearts in a personal way by sharing the message of love.
In order for there to be a cohesive look, the art must be created with a skill level that can produce artwork that looks like it is created by the same hand, to match a standard that has been established. Understanding the importance of title and image correlation is paramount.
• The Illustrator must be able to visualize other people’s ideas and translate them to paper as well as generate ideas and concepts of their own.
• The Illustrator must be able to take critical feedback and make the necessary adjustments. This includes problem solving and knowing which drawings can be translated into an actual product.
• Exceptional drawing skills and technical computer software skills in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop are necessary. Proficiency in Adobe Flash is a plus.
• Must have a general understanding of the giftware industry as well as other retail markets and product production. Must have an understanding of what can be accomplished in various production methods and how a two dimensional piece of artwork translates in three dimensions.
• Must have a good sense of color and design and awareness of the need to research market trends and be a critical part of the product development process.
• The qualified person will have at least 2 years professional art experience.
• Professional art education is preferred.
• Must have excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects, task and deadlines.
• Must be proficient in Mac platform.
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefit package, and a dynamic, fast-paced environment for the right candidate.
If you are looking for an opportunity to share your creative passion and the satisfaction of making a personal contribution, please apply. Please include your portfolio, resume and salary history. We are an equal opportunity employer.