Lifestyle brand is seeking an Environmental Designer to join their team!
As the contract Environmental Designer, you will lead the global conceptualization of retail and wholesale environments including store roll-outs, special events, partnerships, POP/in-store materials, window displays, fixtures, tradeshow/sales meeting collateral and other custom executions. You will act as liaison with the construction department, overseeing site surveys, approving and revising architectural flash plans, and creating purchase orders for all new stores. In this position, you will be highly collaborative and work very closely with senior category managers and production and visual merchandising teams. Additionally, you will use state of the art equipment to continue our vision in influencing youth culture and empowering artistic expression.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Conceptualize, develop, and present window and in-store displays for all company owned retail and partner stores.
2. Coordinates and collaborates with corresponding Art Directors in creative brain storming sessions.
3. Responsible for 3D models and photorealistic renderings of retail and wholesale environments, fixtures, build outs, store windows, and other visual collateral.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+ years experience in a creative design role
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Interior Design, Environmental Design or related field from four-year college or University; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Culturally connected within the Action Sports Industry strongly preferred
• Ability to establish and build effective relationships with Construction Department / Architects / Vendors as well as other Visual Merchandising / Art Department / Marketing staff, employees and the general public
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to understand, assess & problem solve by leveraging technical skills
• Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner
• Proficiency in Adobe Design suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and at least one 3D modeling/rendering platform; i.e. SketchUp, Autocad, Keyshot etc
• Deadline driven and results oriented
• Ability to work independently and acquire new knowledge as necessary for tasks or projects
• Must be able to manage multiple projects, set goals, and prioritize tasks
• Should be up to date on trends in retail, merchandising and new products and materials in the design field