Event Operation Manager
Orange County based event and rental company is looking for an Event Operations Manager to join their team!
We are looking for someone with that is entrepreneurial minded and extremely motivated. They will be asked to manage all event logistics, staff events and create long lasting relationships with current and future clients.
• Provide direct management of all event operations and personnel.
• Have the ability to manage events. Event management includes leading a team of dealers and working with the client.
• Answer customer questions and check in with them regarding their event
• Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the clients offerings to customers and continually improve the customer service we provide.
• Evaluate and decide upon key investments in talent.
• Manage employee communications, training, and evaluations
• Managing and staffing events.
• Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports. Report key results to ownership.
• Assisting with payroll and auditing employee hours.
• Closing out events and collecting payment
Experience and Skills Needed
• 5 years of management and experience dealing with complex issues, troubleshooting and problem resolution, preferably within the event industry
• Exceptional communication skills
• At least 4-5 years experience in the customer service industry. Knowledge and experience in the Conference/Events field is a plus.
• Self-starter ready and willing to work in an environment that is constantly changing and evolving.
• Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
• Requires basic software knowledge, strong web and mobile app navigational experience, and the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
• Must be able to efficiently manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Displays passion for and responsibility to the client.
• Displays leadership through innovation
• Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
• A strong drive to complete tasks.
• Displays personal and corporate integrity.
What’s In It For You:
• A best in class team and company culture
• A fun, but very hard-working and dedicated environment
• Ability to implement changes fast and guide an established business towards more success
• Ability to move up in a growing small business.