Executive Assistant/Office Manager
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager will be responsible for the administrative and organizational management of the office. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant provides executive support, serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO.
This position requires frequent communication and coordination with staff in the headquarters office as well as remote staff.
The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion. He/she must be able to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion including but not limited to:
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer with his daily schedule, duties and ensure CEO’s schedule is followed, to include managing his calendar, commitments, and travel arrangements (planning itineraries, developing agendas, reporting expenses, etc.).
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President and CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Provide scheduling support for major internal cross-team meetings, as well as scheduling support for candidate interviews as needed.
- Provide general administrative support to the team
Perform general office/facilities management duties to include:
- Managing the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed
- Arranging for and supervising building maintenance
- Maintaining office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep.
- Keep track of equipment distributed throughout the office (such as laptops given to remote staff)
- Assist with various human resources functions
- Carry out administrative duties such as filling, typing, copying, binding scanning, etc.
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of solid administrative experience in an office setting;
- Strong analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English);
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Google Analytics; LinkedIn Analytics; and Salesforce
- Ability to learn new software as needed