Creative Services Jobs
Lifestyle and apparel client looking for an experience designer for a 6-month contract.
You’ll produce both digital and physical design outputs, including user flows, personas, user journeys, wireframes, design comps, and motion studies—anything you need to help you articulate your ideas. You’ll balance hands-on execution of design deliverables with strategic and critical thinking to drive projects and collaborate with teams.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a combination of strategic, conceptual and design skills.
• Create and drive the experience strategy for various projects and collaborate with product owners and other team members to define requirements.
• Uncover and understand business opportunities through user research and insights-gathering; synthesize insights to ground product strategies.
• Operate as an experience design lead for various Innovation projects across Footwear, Apparel and Digital.
• Execute and own design deliverables, including conceptual models, personas, scenarios, user journeys/flows, wireframes, and visual designs.
• Evangelize user-centered thinking with partners and stakeholders to guide towards thoughtful process and technology change.
• Educate and inspire team members by communicating an experience-based vision for the project while involving people at optimal levels for project success.
• Lead meetings with key stakeholders; ensure that they meet the stated objectives and stay on agenda.
• Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality, including the management of visual QA and hand-offs to development teams.
• Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
• Be passionate about delivering a premium solution but find ways of producing it that do not jeopardize schedule and budget.
• Facilitate meetings and make persuasive presentations.
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art or related field
• Several examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
• At least 5+ years experience in interaction or experience design
• Digital product design experience preferred
• A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
• Demonstrated ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
• A solid understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
• Ability to develop innovative design approaches to complex design problems
• Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as communicate and influence across organizations
• An innovator mindset with a propensity and passion for out-of-the-box thinking and ideation
• Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
• Can work with grace under pressure and operate effectively and proactively in an ambiguous environment
• Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, PowerPoint
• Experience conducting internal/external user research a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Prefer deep expertise in one of the following areas: digital prototyping, product knowledge, creative & innovative problem-solving, design thinking, user research, motion graphics design, or environmental design.