Our client is a well-known fashion brand creating the latest premium apparel and accessories.Their fashion-forward, contemporary, and high-end designs are applauded by the most stylish trendsetters across the globe.
In this role, you would be responsible for overseeing all aspects of research and development across menswear and womenswear. You would also be responsible for working with design, production, and merchandising teams and external partners.
• Conduct seasonal research, development, and presentation to designers of new concepts in all fabric and trim materials across menswear and womenswear
• Partner with cross-functional internal teams, including design, production, and merchandising and external partners, including suppliers
• Maintain all data, pricing, and testing of fabric and trims and ensure accurate update of internal systems
• Adhere to the Critical Path to ensure timely delivery of fabric, trims, and components; monitor budget spend and track excess fabric and trim value and stock quantities
• Assist the sourcing team with executing the supply chain strategy; ensure vendors receive all raw materials and trims on-time to meet deliveries
• Ensure color standards and samples are sent to suppliers; confirm bulk fabric is the correct fabric weight as requested
• Raw material trim development experience, preferably within a premium brand
• Knowledge of production techniques, commercial pricing, and testing standards
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Google+; PLM systems knowledge a plus