Fabric Production Manager
1. Project Management
2. Graphic Printing background
3. Tradeshow/ Autoshow Experience
4. Familiar with reviewing Computer aided drawings
5. Fabric experience only if it’s related to tradeshow, Autoshow, or some type of exhibit & display group using “tension fabrics” ( think less fashion, specialty textiles)
- some companies worth mentioning for comparison
Fabric Project Manager/ Production Manager
Full Time, Salaried Role
The Fabric Project Manager is the main driver of internal fabric production projects. The individual in this position will schedule and oversee all assigned new production projects. He or she will also assume responsibility for successful and accurate production completion—and profitability.
Please send a resume as the first step.
- Estimating, writing of production order participation in kickoff meetings, entering work projects into internal systems, production scheduling, management and coordination of vendors and contractors, management of internal departments (CAD, purchasing, graphics, production and warehouse.)
- Understand—and take ownership of—the budgets of all assigned projects.
- Manage the Graphics Elements List in conjunction with the AM/PM to keep track of current project needs and account for required billing.
- Create and manage overall Project Timelines and specific department timelines as needed.
- CAD Review and Understanding:
Review CAD drawings for consistency and production feasibility.
Review drawings with finishing and preflight to ensure accuracy of final product.
Provide final fabric call outs to the CAD detailer and PM for inclusion into the graphics layout of the CAD package.
- Purchasing Management:
Order all non-stock production related materials and supplies.
Coordinate with Finishing Department on order for specialty materials. c. Manage order receiving to ensure materials arrive as specified
- Graphics Management:
Manage the graphics elements list during production.
Check all aspects of PPSP files as pre-flight sends them out for approval and ensure AM/PM review and approval.
- Assist Graphics Department in the management of subcontractors.
- Manage the production process and items being fabricated through the Shop Lead and Production Manager.
- Assist Logistics Coordinator/warehouse lead in managing overall inventory for account as new items are placed into inventory during fabrication/production projects.
- Communicate with the AM or PM regarding any change order pricing and requirements. Communicate non- recoverable change orders as they take place with the Department Manager. These communications must be documented in writing and communicated as soon as possible—along with the associated cost impacts.
- Work with Logistics Coordinator and Freight Manager to coordinate all transportation requirements.
- 3-5 years of applicable experience in project management
- Experience with Customer Management Systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a prerequisite, along with appropriate computer skills