Fabric R&D Manager
Our client is a popular fashion brand presenting the latest must-have apparel and accessories. With their on-trend, innovative, and modern designs, you can effortlessly dress in style every day.
In this role, you would be responsible for researching fabric trends, attending textile shows, and overseeing fabric development.
• Research fabric trends, attend mill fabric appointments and fabric shows, and develop fabric boards highlighting seasonal fabric trends
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, production, and mill management offices to develop qualities aligned with cost and aesthetic
• Test fabrics prior to bulk order, review test failures with the manager, and communicate with design, production, and mills for fabric related issues
• Maintain fabric information in PLM, build an archive of approved continuity fabrics, and monitor calendar for on-time delivery
• Order proto and sample yardage, develop fabric charts to manage all fabric development, and organize the fabric library of file lab dips, bulks, and linings
• Participate in meetings with design, merchandising, and sales and meet with the head of the department daily
• 5-7 years’ experience
• Knowledge of fabric construction, finishing, and washing
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite