A Leading Beauty Brand in Orange County is currently looking for a Finance Director to join their team!
This position is responsible for P&L management of Advertising & Promotional Spend, and SG&A budget and forecast process coordination, and actual reporting.
• Direct the coordination and administration of assigned area’s annual business plan/ budget/trend. Responsible for associated presentations to management.
• Responsible for the preparation, analysis and transmission of a variety of divisional finance reports in accordance with corporate requirements, i.e. budgets, balance sheets, budget spreads, P&L statements, and budget reporting.
• Prepare, direct, identify risks and opportunities, and make recommendations for A&P spend and SG&A including the plan, budget, trends and actuals.
• Coordinate approval/ communication of reallocation of funds
• Liaison with various departments including HQfinance, Corporate Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc
• Develop partnership with the sales and marketing teams in order to support them in their decision with solid financial data
• Seek opportunities in order to improve profitability
• Ensure a high level of internal control and efficiency of the processes
• Oversee and review the process of multiple financial reporting tools related to commercial finance
• Lead the month end close for A&P, SG&A and consolidation, reporting.
• Partner with and provide financial expertise to operating departments
• Provide assistance to senior management of department on projects and presentations and present as necessary
• Manage/ develop direct reports
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY :
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and forecasting concepts is a must
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, business acumen, leadership skills, oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
• Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management.
• Experience with a budgeting system is required
• Consumer products industry experience preferred.
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates
• 6-8 years’ relevant financial experience required; management experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required
• Must be highly proficient using Microsoft Excel
• Experience with large company ERP systems is preferred