Development Tech Jobs
Financial Reporting and Accounting Analyst
Our Client is lookin to hire a Financial Reporting and Accounting Analyst for a 6 month contract. This role is role is responsible for operating within broad parameters and involves the application of accounting principles and other specialized expertise to resolve moderately complex accounting and reporting issues. The position requires interfacing across divisions and departments within the organization as well as routine interactions with the Company’s internal and external auditors on audits and other matters.
Essentials functions includes, but are not limited to:
• Support the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated GAAP financial statements and footnotes. This includes drafting, editing and compiling internal and external sources to support financial and non-financial disclosures within quarterly and annual reports.
• Assist key personnel in drafting and editing internal and external communications to rating agencies and other key stakeholders.
• Assist with research and documentation of technical accounting matters and new accounting pronouncements, as well as utilizing financial accounting and reporting research tools to ensure complete disclosures.
• Conduct special studies and analyses, develop alternatives, present recommendations to management and influence management decisions.
• Research, analyze, develop and implement new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions. May lead other employees in performing accounting and financial reporting activities.
• Develops and maintains the policies that govern the Company’s reporting process and ensures compliance with generally accepted reporting standards.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
• Strong problem solving skills, working across organizations and geographies to drive improvements and work through roadblocks.
• Proven business partnering skills, crisp and concise communication to a variety of levels.
• Demonstrated abilities to oversee and handle multiple projects, competing priorities and deliverables including project management.
• Ability to operate effectively in ambiguous situations, including dynamic and rapidly changing work environments.
• Ability to utilize new and changing technology in order to streamline and/or automate current company processes and deliverables.
• Excellent ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and cultures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related area
• CPA required or in process
• 3-4 years of public accounting audit experience or similar
• Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas
• Experience in the preparation of financial statements and footnote disclosures
• Superior writing skills
• Strong PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Strong attention to detail and analytical/problem-solving skills
• Proven interpersonal, communication and organizational skills