9-10 month contract to start
A well-known apparel company in Seattle is seeking a Fit Technician.
- Produce styles by creating spec and construction in order to execute fit and exceptional workmanship.
- Maintain design integrity and fit of the product in conjunction with merchandising and production goals.
- Schedule and lead fit sessions.
- Prepare list of garments to fit & paperwork for fittings. Ensure that all fit garments from the factories are measured and evaluation sheets are prepared and reviewed prior to fittings. Evaluate samples for fit, construction & workmanship.
- Effectively communicate fit comments to production and domestic and overseas partners in Flex within deadlines and with;
- Fully detailed written instructions to improve fit & quality of each garment
- Photos of problem fit areas to demonstrate requested corrections
- Detailed sketches – updated
- Construction information updated
- Garment measurements – including changes
- Graded measurements
- Pattern modifications (from Pattern Makers) – either hard copy, or digitals of pattern amendments - depending on nature of corrections, and factory capability
- Research and resolve fit, pattern, and construction issues.
- Maintain consistent fit, construction, grade rules, and tolerances in Flex PLM
- Identify potential production, quality, costing, and design issues and make appropriate recommendations
- Lead competitive fit/construction analysis and apply learning
- Review established size sets for styles and products
- Track and manage fit sample approvals for own product category meeting calendar deadlines
- Update reports where necessary
- Keep samples organized
- Maintain consistency for fit related styles (blocks)
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or 5+ years experience as a technical assistant or fit technician for a sportswear company
- Ability to communicate effectively in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Strong interpersonal skills for building collaborative working relationships within teams
- Strong time management and organizational skills to adhere to multiple priorities in order to meet specific timelines and deadlines
- Knowledge of Flex PLM
- Knowledge of pattern making, garment construction and spec grading
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) skills
24 Seven is an award-winning creative staffing and recruiting firm that connects high caliber talent with leading brands, marketing departments, design firms, ad and interactive agencies. For 15 years, 24 Seven has been providing temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search solutions to leading organizations across many industries, including fashion, luxury retail, e-commerce and beauty. We support our clients' evolving talent demands with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta.