Footwear Product Designer
Our client is a fun, vibrant and fashionable cold weather accessories company. Their designs keep you warm, dry and protected from the elements while they express your unique style with different colors, patterns and prints. They have an exciting and welcoming company culture where they encourage their employees to share and create on a daily basis.
In this role you will be responsible for the design and development of the footwear category. You will coordinate the internal and external activities inherent in the process to ensure successful design and development of the product line.
• Executes the design and development of product line to the defined business objectives
• Researches and identifies product initiatives and understands competitive environment, trends and overall market opportunities
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams to meet brand and profitability objectives
• Analyzes product trends and fashion forecast information in order to create product designs and direction most appropriate to achieving maximum trade and consumer acceptance
• Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of final product specifications
• Executes the category/brand specific timeline
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Studio or Fine Art or related field; 5 or more years category or related industry design experience
• Footwear design experience required
• Proven track record in successfully developing to specified cost targets
• Demonstrated retail performance of product design
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; Excel and Microsoft Office Products