Footwear Technical Designer
Our client is a popular fashion brand presenting the latest on-trend apparel and accessories for every occasion. Their modern, chic, and fashion-forward designs effortlessly take you from work to dinner in style.
As the Footwear Technical Designer, you would oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit.
• Oversee all aspects of footwear technical design for every collection and develop a fit comment document for all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
• Measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues and execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production
• Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues
• Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency and collaborate with internal and external partners
• Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, and functionality
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6+ years’ footwear technical design experience
• Strong understanding of footwear construction and fitting
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite