Front Desk Support
As Sport Specialist, your primary function will be onsite operations and implementation of all Athletic Center’s sport programs with an emphasis on Intramurals.
-You will contribute to building programming geared towards increasing participation and space utilization within WHQ’s world class facilities.
-This job revolves around sports! If you truly love sports and how they can positively affect so many people, this is the job for you!
• Program Development and Execution
• Onsite Set Up and Program Management
• Event Coordination
• Overseeing Referees
• Management of Difficult Situations
• Data Collections and Key Performance Indicator Reporting Qualifications:
• 2-4+ years of recreation and/or program delivery including leagues, tournaments, events, etc.
• High Sports IQ (Team + Individual Sports)
• Required CPR/First Aid Certifications
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Vendor Management experience preferred
• Referee experience preferred
• The ability to work a flexible work schedule including early mornings, late evenings and weekends
• Knowledge of all safety procedures and practices. Additional Qualifications: Knowledge of:
• Sports that are to be supervised, including: sports rules, techniques, court etiquette/sportsmanship and equipment management.
• Basic principles and practices of leadership and communication, in order to supervise play and address conflicts as they arise.
• Principles of group dynamics and group interaction.
• Emergency procedures and accident site management.
• Basic principles and practices of leadership and group organization.
Ability to: • Follow written and oral instructions; speak clearly and concisely. • Interpret, explain, follow and apply program rules and policies • Keep accurate records. • Identify and prevent hazards, implement solutions, maintain safe environments. • Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, other staff members, program participants and the general membership base • Maintain a neat, professional appearance; represent the brand accordingly • Work with minimal supervision