Front End Developer (Web & Email)
What you will be doing:
• Develop & modify responsive email templates, display ads, landing pages & microsites.
• Solid understanding of IA/UI standards and trends across all devices and platforms
• Ensured adherence to industry regulatory guidelines and internal development standards.
• Partner closely with in-house designers, provide counsel on best practices for email layouts and formatting
• Design, code, test, debug and document projects according to the functional requirements
• Develop, maintain and support programs/tools for internal and external clients
• Analyze, diagnose, and resolve errors related to their applications
• Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
• Follow all department standards and methodologies
• An ability to develop innovative client side interfaces using web standards
• Understand SEO best practices and implementation
• An understanding of modern (table-less) front-end coding as well as table-based coding with inline styles
• Deep understanding of all current browsers/email clients and their idiosyncrasies (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Outlook, Gmail is a big plus)
Knowledge you need to have to do what you will be doing:
• 2-3 years programming experience
• Bachelor’s degree in CS or related preferred, not required
• 1+ years email-specific development experience, possibly including knowledge of MJML.
• Experience with JS frameworks such as React or Angular.
• Fluent with GIT version control and associated branching models.
• Experience with a template engine (Razor, GTL, Twig) is a plus
• Experience working with CMS
• Experience with QA tools such as Litmus or Email on Acid
• Experience with Email Service Providers (ESPs) such Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp), with advanced capabilities using the ESP scripting language (Ampscript, GTL, Serverside JS)
• Proven experience with modern web standards and cross-browser compatibility
• Photoshop proficiency required to manipulate assets.
• Experience with Sketch is a plus.