Front-End Web Developer | Permanent | Baltimore, MD
Title: Front-End Web Developer
Location: Baltimore, MD
Client is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who will have the opportunity to dive in and learn how to leverage our systems to turn around projects that take your skills to the next level by learning to use real-time data to optimize and quickly deploy iterations of webpages to drive reader growth. You will actively contribute to the growth of our company by working with and learning from a team of developers, graphic designers, audio & visual experts, and some of the best copywriters and marketers you can find.
• Create lighting fast responsive landing pages using HTML/CSS by translating provided design mockups.
• Develop e-commerce sales funnels, promotional efforts, and emails for our millions of readers.
• Perform quality assurance tests and ascertain the cause of a problem when a test is not performing as expected or adversely affecting other reporting.??
• 1-3 years of professional front-end development experience
• Must have experience w/ Mobile First Responsive design concepts
• Understanding of page speed optimization best practices
• A strong ability to troubleshoot functional and layout issues
• Experience with building, deploying, and updating web content in WordPress or similar CMS.
• Naturally curious and not afraid to speak up, ask questions or suggest ideas.
TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE:
• Ability to show examples of establishing an application/system or process that you built to optimize efficiencies for a unique business use case.
• Experience with Google Analytics/Webmaster Tools.
• Experience with Google Tag Manager
• Working knowledge of Foundation or similar CSS frameworks will be advantageous.
• Experience with pre-processing platform such as Grunt or Gulp.
• Experience with Git.